Monday, April 2, 2007

The Good, The Bad And The Queen - self titled

Am I the only one who got that Gorrilaz album Space Monkeyz vs. Gorillaz - Laika Come Home? I bought it in Havard Square one cold winter only because the cover had a picture of a monkey with a space helmet. It is a remix of the Gorillaz debue album with trippy dubbed bass lines. It reminded me of monkeys and tropical islands, brilliant.
Anyway, lead singer Damon Albarn has created the skinny hipster equivalent of this album in the The Good, The Bad and The Queen. And it works. It is brimming over with BASS LINES! Bass lines that have been so shunned lately. Basslines to piss off the people who live under you. F U Jack White.
So I give this album a 7 out of 10. It's good but I don't remember individual songs. It all kind of blends together as a slowed down reggaeish mess with Damon kind of whining over it. It's a genuine performance at least. (though a far cry from his Blur work) I recommend it for lazy drives and background music while at work.

No comments: