Monday, April 2, 2007

Arcade Fire - Neon Bible

I was waiting for this album. I waited all this year and the night it came out I downloaded it. I couldn't even wait to go to Best Buy to buy one of the thousand cheap copies they were sure to have.
I listened to it straight through that night. My experience with this record is similar to my romance with Taco Bell. I crave those grilled stuffed burritos for like a month and when I finally get them, it's shark week on discovery. I devour them in frenzy. I end up paying for it the rest of the night and am generally embarrassed about the whole thing the next day.
This album has just lost its charm over the last few weeks.
That said, the single Intervention is amazing. It is worth a quick dollar download from itunes or wherever. The only other tracks I still like are Ocean of Noise, and My Body is a Cage.
Thier first album, The Funeral is perfect.

No comments: